The Men’s Club at Castro Valley UMC was originally chartered by the National Organization of United Methodist Men in 1948. It has been providing friendship, fellowship, and spiritual support to the men of the church continuously since then.
We believe that God continues to call us into ministry with the church and the community. We provide service and support to the congregation and support our brothers in Christ where needed, through our prayers and service.
Our small but dedicated group of guys participate in a number of ministries and church-related activities:
- Men’s Breakfast: We meet monthly for conversation and fellowship.
- Strength for Service: Through this ministry we provide daily devotionals and prayers to the men and women serving in the military and who are stationed in combat areas.
- Boy Scouts: We sponsor Boy Scout troop 701 which meets at our church.
- Flower Cross: We set up the flower cross in the front of the sanctuary for the placing of cut flowers provided by the congregation on Easter Sunday.
- Easter Breakfast: We provide a free breakfast on Easter morning.
- Berry Bonanza: Each year on Mother’s Day, we serve a dessert after worship to honor the women of the church.
- Hanging of the Greens: We help with decorating the church for Advent.
- Community Garden: We provide the labor and the tilling and planting bed preparation for the community garden.
- Worship in the Park: There has been a long-standing tradition for the men to help set up the worship area and to provide the BBQ help after the service.
- Christmas Gift: Each year we provide a scholarship for MYF activities or for the annual church retreat.
- Service Projects: We take on occasional projects to help keep the church in good order.
Membership is open to men of all ages. No dues are collected and there is no requirement to be a member of the church.