The vision of the United Methodist Women is to turn faith, hope, and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world. Their purpose is to:
- know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ
- develop a creative, supportive fellowship
- expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church
At Castro Valley UMC, members of UMW have many opportunities for fellowship, study, and service:
- Faith Circle—Meets the first Wednesday of every month, September to June.
- General Meeting—Held every other month at the church, at these luncheon meetings we discuss UMW business and have a program focusing on an aspect of the UMW missions. Past speakers include Dr. Mary McCormick Maaga, author of The Alabaster Orphan: A Mystic Girl’s Journey with Jesus. No meetings in July or August.
- School of Missions and District and Conference meetings.
Membership is open to women of all ages. No dues are collected and there is no requirement to be a member of the church.